Benefits of 3D Printed Reflectors
Luximprint offers a fast, flexible and cost effective way of prototyping reflectors in support of new development and project applications. The main benefits or 3D printed reflectors include, amongst others:
• No Upfront Investments: Investments in reflector tooling belong to the past. Additive optics fabrication technology uses a direct CAD-to-Optic fabrication process, with only one step from design to prototype. Thereafter, the parts are sputtered with vapor deposition processes;
• Manufacturing Speed: Compared to traditional fabrication technologies , the Luximprint process comes with the speed of jetting based technologies. In a matter of days, parts can be available;
• Easy Design Variations: Get multiple reflector designs for easy ‘trial-and-error’ printed in one shot. Finally, pick out the best performing one and proceed with that version to manufacturing tooling!
• Easy Design Iterations: After testing the initial prototypes, parts can still be optimized and reprinted until a satisfactory quality and performance is reached;
• On Demand Ordering: Order functional reflector prototypes in exact quantities as needed and when needed. This might be interesting for building fast show or customer demonstrators in limited quantities;
• No need for post-processing: Printed reflectors are smooth directly from the 3D printer. On the contrary to conventional fabrication processes, there is no need for post-processing them before they get coated.