Benefits of 3D Printed Optics
Luximprint offers a fast, flexible and cost-effective way of custom optics prototyping, both for ‘inspirational’ and ‘functional’ purposes. The core advantages of the process include:
• No Upfront Investments: Extraordinary investments in tooling and inventory belong to the past. Optical 3D printing uses a direct CAD-to-Optic fabrication process, with only one step from design to prototype;
• Manufacturing Speed: Compared to traditional optics fabrication technologies and conventional additive fabrication, the Luximprint process comes with the speed of jetting based technologies;
• Easy Design Variations: Get multiple lens designs for easy ‘trial-and-error’ printed in one shot. Cost-efficient and time saving!
• Easy Design Iterations: Iterative design processing until a satisfactory performance is reached;
• On Demand Ordering: Order functional optics prototypes in exact quantities as needed and when needed. No minimum order quantities (MOQ) apply;
• Ultimate Design Freedom: Experience ultimate freedom on the optical design and fabrication end;
• No need for post-processing: Printed optics are smooth and functional directly from the 3D printer. There is no need for post-processing, such as polishing or grinding.